Thursday, May 22, 2008



Tracie Peterson is guest blogging on Edit Cafe today. Edit Cafe is the blog written by Rebecca Germany, Acquiring Editor for Barbour Trade Fiction, Susan Downs, Acquiring Editor for Heartsong Presents Mysteries and JoAnne Simmons, Acquiring Editor for Heartsong Presents. They are all three editors for different books of mine and I love working with them.

Tracie Petersen is the author of...let's see...rounding down...ONE ZILLION Best Selling Christian Fiction novels. Her article on Character Motivation is a great addition to Cheryl's post on Characterization earlier this week on Seekerville.

Check it out. http://editcafe.blogspot.com/

9 comments :

  1. Tracie Peterson is who gave me my first contract, for Golden Days. I will always LOVE HER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracie, Welcome to Seekerville. We have met at conferences and I've always enjoyed your workshops. Can you tell us some of the latest trends at Barbour these days? Is there anything in particular you are looking for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If Melanie Dickerson logs on, I want to congratulate her on her finaling in the FHL Touched By Love Contest. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra, Tracie's not HERE in Seekerville, she's over at Barbour's Edit Cafe blog today. Pop over there and post your comments.

    http://editcafe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bopping over to Edit Cafe now. Tracie's husband Jim gave me two very indepth critiques when I double finaled in Heart of the Rockies years ago and he and Tracie were over Heartsong. He's the one who recognized my genre and clued me in that I write action-romance.

    I miss seeing Jim and Tracie at ACFW.

    Okay..heading over to Edit Cafe.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know Cheryl. I miss them too. Both have a heart for writers, and Jim's great with the historical aspect of stories.

    I'm bobbing back and forth between Edit Cafe and here too... lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Pam, When I was reading the post, I was wondering about that. Now I know. I'm glad you pointed me that way as others might be here too. Cheryl I miss seeing them also. Jim really liked one of my manuscripts. I think he wanted to buy it, but that was when they changed to states. oh well.

    I'll see if I can find the other site.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the headsup, Mary!

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Sandra! You're so sweet. :-)

    ReplyDelete