Saturday, March 21, 2009

We Interrupt This Regularly Scheduled Post...

With another huge, ginormous Seekerville announcement!

Congratulations

to Mary Connealy

who
is a CHRISTY Award finalist
in the Historical Romance Category,

with Calico Canyon

The 2009 Christy Award Finalists List:


Contemporary Romance category are:

Beyond the Night by Marlo Schalesky (WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group)
Finding Stefanie by Susan May Warren (Tyndale House Publishers)
Zora and Nicky: A Novel in Black and White by Claudia Mair Burney (David C. Cook)

Contemporary Series, Sequels & Novellas category are:

Sisterchicks Go Brit! by Robin Jones Gunn (WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group)
Summer Snow by Nicole Baart (Tyndale House Publishers)
You Had Me at Good-bye by Tracey Bateman (FaithWords)

Contemporary Standalone category are:

Dogwood by Chris Fabry (Tyndale House Publishers)
Embrace Me by Lisa Samson (Thomas Nelson)
Tuesday Night at the Blue Moon by Debbie Fuller Thomas (Moody Publishers)

First Novel category are:

Blue Hole Back Home by Joy Jordan-Lake (David C. Cook)
Ran Song by Alice J. Wisler (Bethany House Publishers)
* Safe at Home by Richard Doster (David C. Cook)

Historical category are:

Shadow of Colossus by T.L. Higley (B&H Publishing Group)
Until We Reach Home by Lynn Austin (Bethany House Publishers)
Washington’s Lady by Nancy Moser (Bethany House Publishers)

Historical Romance category are:

Calico Canyon by Mary Connealy (Barbour Publishers)
From a Distance by Tamera Alexander (Bethany House Publishers)
The Moon in the Mango Tree by Pamela Binnings Ewen (B&H Publishing Group)

Suspense category are:

By Reason of Insanity by Randy Singer (Tyndale House Publishers)
The Rook by Steven James (Revell)
Winter Haven by Athol Dickson (Bethany House Publishers)

Visionary category are:

The Battle for Vast Dominion by George Bryan Polivka (Harvest House Publishers)
Shade by John B. Olson (B&H Publishing Group)
Vanish by Tom Pawlik (Tyndale House Publishers)

Young Adult category are:

The Fruit of My Lipstick by Shelley Adina (FaithWords)
I Have Seen Him in the Watchfires by Cathy Gohlke (Moody Publishers)
On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness by Andrew Peterson (WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group)




28 comments :

  1. YIKES!!!! Go Mary! :-) What a birthday present, right? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. IS THIS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME OR WHAT?

    I wonder if she is going to make me curtsy when I see her?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Mary, you are the WOMAN! Congratulations!

    And congrats to Becky and JoAnne and the rest of the Barbour team for a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR VERY OWN MARY!!! I bet you can't stop smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, I'm so proud of you! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Mary! You so deserve it. Your book was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, Mary, so well deserved!!! Congratulations! All your hard work, your dedication, your giving nature, your generous support, all the things you do daily to encourage other writers and to promote Christian fiction paid off!!!

    I'm thrilled!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WooHoo, Mary!! So very proud of you! Glancing through the list of finalists - congrats to all - you are in excellent company!

    Congrats, big time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo hoo!!!!!!!! Way to go, Mary!!!! I'm so excited! This is so amazing. And so well deserved!

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  10. WAY TO GO!

    Congratulations, Mary!

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, thanks so much for all the congratulations.

    I know how this works, Tina, not only won't you curtsy, I'll probably have to buy lunch next time we're together....which out to be sooooooooooooooon.

    Hey, this thing is in Denver, in July. What do you think? Wanna get together????

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debby G said: Ah, Mary, so well deserved!!! Congratulations! All your hard work, your dedication, your giving nature, your generous support, all the things you do daily to encourage other writers and to promote Christian fiction paid off!!!

    Dang, Debby, I'm saving this for my tombstone!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay, Mary!!! I'm so excited for you! I'm not surprised at all, though. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey everyone, I was there when they announced Mary's name--what a thrill! And later, you could see Mary sort of floating around over the convention hall, smiling, sprinking fairy dust on everything. Truly an amazing honor for an even more amazing woman! I'm so proud of you, Mary!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Denver? What a surprise! How will I recognize you? Wear a rose in your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  16. CONGRATS Mary!!!! I knew when I met you at the ACFW conference last September, and you extended your hand, smiled and introduced yourself....and I thought then "This lady is special....she's gonna be FAMOUS!" Seriously, I went there not knowing a soul, and your act of kindness meant a LOT to me.~ ~ I'm sure you're very deserving of this honor. Blessings, Patti Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations to all the finalists and especially to Mary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. CatMom said: you extended your hand, smiled and introduced yourself....and I thought then "This lady is special....she's gonna be FAMOUS!"

    It was sweet of you to think that, Patti Jo. Usually people run.

    I think it might be my hair.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL, Mary you are such a hoot. Lots of people love you despite the hair. And Melly was the only one who passed out. That is only like .1 %.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's been 24 hours since I heard the news and I'm still wandering around in a daze telling folks, I know Mary Connealy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations, Mary!

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mega congratulations on your Christy final, Mary!!! We're all beaming in Seekerville!! Probably a reflection of your own joy. So proud of you!!!!

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great News Mary. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. So, so thrilled for you, Mary!!! This is just awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. What great news! I'm so very happy for you, Mary.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mary,

    I'm delighted to see that you've won. Congratulations, my friend. This is totally wonderful.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete