Saturday, August 22, 2009

Seekerville Weekend Back-To-School Edition



Here is in Colorado it's back to school!



When I think of back to school I am reminded of You've Got Mail.

Joe Fox and Kathleen Kelly (Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan):


"Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address."


We have Winners!

Missy Tippens' Monday post was Looking Beneath the Surface: Things Aren't Always What They Seem. And the winner of a copy of His Forever Love goes to Jessica Nelson.
























Tuesday, Cheryl Wyatt shared on Transitions
. The winners of her double giveaway of her Steeple Hill, Love In Inspired releases, A Soldier's Reunion, (June 2009 ) and Soldier Daddy (October 2009) are Sarah Forgrave and Millissa Austin Jenkins.




Debby Giusti shared on Brainstorming in Real Time, in her Wednesday post. The winner of her latest release, Protecting Her Child is Lynn Rush.









Please email Tina at TinaRusso dot com with your mailing addresses unless you have already been contacted by the author.




Next Week In Seekerville:

Monday:
Multi Golden Heart finalist, Pam Hillman starts the week off.


Tuesday: Sandra Leesmith
shares insider tips on book signings.


Wednesday:
Steeple Hill, Love Inspired author, Glynna Kaye is our hostess today.


Thursday:
Cara Lynn James, debut Thomas Nelson author, posts today.


Friday: Aaron McCarver and Diane Ashley,
Heartsong Presents authors will share on co-authoring a book.




Save The Date:


September 2, Dorchester debut author, Marilyn Brant will be with us.

September 14, New York Times best selling author, Shirley Jump returns to Seekerville.

September 18, LIVE FROM ACFW it's Seekerville!

September 21, Belle Books editor, and New York Times best selling author Deborah Smith is in Seekerville.

September 22, Private Eye Duo, Colleen Collins and Shaun Kaufman are sleuthing in Seekerville. They're bringing goodies too!

September 25, Our guest is Love Inspired Historical author, Winnie Griggs.

September 28, two-time Golden Heart finalist Anne Barton is back in Seekerville.

September 29, Barbour Publishing author, Marcia Gruver returns to Seekerville.

September 30, Cool Beans! NavPress author Erynn Mangum will be here.


Seeker Sightings:

Camy Tang has a new contest that will last from now until August 31st, 2009!

She is giving away 14 boxes of books!

14 winners will each receive a copy of her latest novel, Deadly Intent and one of 14 boxes of books by other Christian authors.

10 Honorable Mentions will each receive a copy of her latest novel, Deadly Intent.

You read that right! 24 winners in all! Check it out here.




We know of four ways to win a copy of Mary Connealy's new release, Cowboy Christmas.

1. Go to her website and sign up for her newsletter before the next issue is released on Sept. 1st.




2. Post a comment on Mary's September 1st Seekerville post.


3. Anyone who is a Seekerville follower by September 1st will be eligible for a second, FOLLOWERS ONLY drawing.


4. Stop by Petticoats & Pistols on Wednesday, August 26th for another chance.





Random Weekend Stuff:


Check out this article on GalleyCat which speaks to authors trying to balance writing and their day jobs: Day Job Survival Tips






Low calorie writing recipe:

Fill bowl with fruit.
Grab a Cool Whip Dip from the fridge.
(Comes in chocolate and strawberry!)





Notebooks, folders, school supplies, writing supplies. You have to buy them anyhow. Why not get rewards and enter the sweepstakes at the Mead site.




TV's charming crime fiction writer, Richard Castle returns September 21st for the second season of Castle, and Heat Wave becomes a real book!


Here's the Castle trailer.






(More Castle in Julie's honor...)



And if you missed Season 1, here's a nice recap. (Get the DVD! it releases September 22) Or watch the Starter Kit.

16 comments :

  1. I loved shopping for school supplies as a kid and still hyperventilate when I pass displays of them this time of year. Who can resist the deals? Not only that, but they're way better looking now than they were back in the good ol' days.

    I'm dating myself, but I loved "The Fonz." He oozed cool from every pore.

    Tater tots. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when school starts and the new books arrive. Of course I kind of blow the whole fall thing now because in order to save money, I order my curriculum when it goes on sale at the end of the year - so I get it over the summer instead of fall. It still feels like Christmas to me.

    I also look forward to the shows coming back. Castle was a new favorite of mine. I like their witty banter. I also confess that shows where they solve a crime and get the bad guy are a pull too. I had just decided to take my writing seriously when I started watching Castle, and thought it was very "cool" that he was a writer too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! I've been wanting to read Missy's book! :-) Thank you Tina and everyone else!
    Great line-up here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, the smell of new pencils, the rustle of leaves, and whoosh of the air brakes on school buses! Our county kids go back to school on Sept. 2. We take our oldest son to college next Friday (I'm battling those tears already.)

    Here's hint for those of you who buy school supplies--if your church participates in Operation Shoebox, now is the best time to get things like that at a low, low price. We buy 40 boxes of crayons at 20 cents instead of paying 79 cents after school starts.

    By the way, I have to say I heart Castle!! Up there with my new favorite shows. SO glad ABC decided to keep it. Can't wait to check out Heat Wave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Seekerville.

    I love Castle. He's just so darn cute and hopefully TV has learned something from Moonlighting. Never let them get together or it spells THE END.

    I bought the Cool Whip Dip last night and look forward to dipping into a guilt-less pleasure.

    Love the cover on Mary's new release. Don't you?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do I still buy school supplies even though my son is 26, well you might find a few notebooks and folders with "Captain Jack Sparrow" on them among my writing materials!

    Glad to hear so many are fans of Castle. It's my favorite too.

    Looking forward to reading the future posts.

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to all the winners, but ...

    Tina, nooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't believe you did that. You go and post a WONDERFUL Weekend Edition and then sneak in a Castle trailer...

    I watch NO TV whatsoever (except an occasional old movie over the weekend and periodically Gone With the Wind when I have an ironing marathon, which I only do twice a year, so it works. I like to spend what spare time I have reading, not watching TV (except for news) so I am TICKED that you hooked me in to Castle.

    I should have never watched the stupid trailer and normally wouldn't on a weekday (i.e. workday). But it's Saturday and I have a steaming cup of hazelnut coffee and Keith just fixed me the best cinnamon toast I've ever had, so I thought ... why not? Why not, indeed!

    Grrr ... when is the stupid show on so I don't miss it????

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julie dear there is an answer to your TV problem. I don't watch TV either. I do not have cable. I watch it on the internet. Castle will be on Monday's but you can view full episodes during the season (not last season now that it is out on DVD).

    So I get on my treadmill and I can watch Drop Dead Diva and Castle while I walk. Consider it research too.

    So if Diva is on Sunday's I watch the latest episode on Monday. Castle is on Monday's, I watch the latest episode on Tuesday.

    The same with my other favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  9. An IRONING MARATHON?
    I haven't ironed a piece of clothing since the 70s.

    If I buy something and find out it needs to be ironed, I do the only possible rational thing.


    I BURN IT!

    No, not with the iron, in a trash barrel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL, MARRRRREEEE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay can't wait to get the chance to try to win Cowboy Christmas and for the new season of Castle (new episode premiere on my b-day). FINALLY a show I like that hasn't been canceled after the first season...seriously, it's like the first show (besides Grey's Anatomy)in over 5 years that I actually watch that hasn't been cut!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG I totally missed that Heat Wave is actually going to be released!!! It's sooo going on my wishlist right now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tina,
    You make the weekends so much fun! Thanks bunches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday to you, Renee. My B Day is this month and that is what I asked for. LOL.

    Thanks, Debby.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, Tina!!! I'm so glad to hear about Castle!!! I've been meaning to check and see when it starts again. Thank you!!

    Oh, boy, oh boy. I can't wait for the new season! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amen to that, Mary!! I don't iron either. I hang up damp from the dryer. Or else it has to go to the dry cleaners. LOL (Mary, this option is cheaper than burning! LOL)

    ReplyDelete