Sunday, July 21, 2013

The RWA Conference Weekend Edition Part 2

 Welcome to the second half of the Weekend Edition!
 RWA Conference Update. Part 1 can be found here.

GH Finalist Piper Huguley and RITA finalist Missy Tippens at the Conference Gala



More photos from Friday in Atlanta.

Rachel Hauck

Lenora Worth and Marta Perry




More Harlequin Party Photos

Senior Editor Tina James and Janet Dean

Front Row, Danica Favorite, Dana Corbit and Missy Tippens. L to R Brenda Minton, Katy Lee, Patty Hall, Renee Ryan, Melissa Endlich, Shirlee McCoy, Tina James, Janet Dean, Lenora Worth and Debby Giusti. (WHEW!)

Missy Tipens, Carol Post, Merillee Wren, Janet Dean

Senior Editor Melissa Endlich and Mia Ross

Socks for Dancing



 Congratulations to the RITA® and GH nominees and winners!

You can see the past recipients of the Rita® Award here.

And here are the past recipients of the Golden Heart Award listed all the way back to 1981!

Waiting for the doors to open -photo courtesy Susan Litman Twitter

Inside the ball room

Piper Huguley



MC Christy Craig

Mr.and Mrs. Tippens

Missy Tippens, Myra Johnson and Mary Connealy

Mary Connealy presents the award for Best Inspy Novel
Myra Johnson and Mary Connealy

Mary on the Jumbotron

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WINNERS AND FINALISTS! 
A complete winner list can be found here.

Best Tweets and Retweets of the night

Ally Carter ‏@OfficiallyAlly
"How can I write so many books? Because I'm not on Facebook and twitter." -Nora Roberts #RWA13



All About Romance ‏@AllAboutRomance   
We totally love that one of the GH titles is "The Billionaire's Hypnotized Mistress." #RITAGH #rwa13



Delilah S. Dawson ‏@DelilahSDawson  
Things I Learned at #RWA13: 5. IT'S NOT OVER UNTIL YOU STOP WRITING. A book not selling isn't the end of the world. Adapt. Keep trying.



Laura Bradford ‏@bradfordlit   
The RITAs/Golden Hearts are serious business--I just ironed for the 1st time in like 5 years. #RWA13


 Melissa Endlich ‏@MelissaEndlich  
Good luck to Love Inspired author @MissyTippens! #ritagh #rwa13


 Erica Monroe ‏@EricaJMonroe  Colleen Thompson's bio about having the highest body count in historical romance makes me like her already #ritagh


RWA ‏@romancewriters  This is Karen's 3rd win in the same category, she receives an additional RITA trophy with induction into RWA's Hall of Fame #RITAGH

 All About Romance ‏@AllAboutRomance    
Now we have Mary Connealy presenting the RITA for Inspirational Romance ... #RITAGH



Randee Leigh ‏@randee_leigh   
It's like the Oscars, the Tonys, theEmmys... all for romance writers! #ritagh



 Sally Kilpatrick ‏@SuperWriterMom  I love how the announcer says "Nora. Roberts." #RWA13 


 Mary-Theresa Hussey ‏@matrice  We do love you Mary Jo Putney, winner of the 2013 RWA Nora Roberts Lifetime Achievement Award!  #ritagh


Alexandra Haughton ‏@WriterAHaughton  
"You don't have to be crazy to be a writer, but it certainly does help." --Mary Jo Putney #ritagh #RWA13



Sally Kilpatrick ‏@SuperWriterMom  
....and you're pretty sure everyone else's creative process is more fun. --Mary Jo Putney #RWA13 #RITAGH






Andrea Wenger ‏@AndreaJWenger  
"I'm not wearing pantyhose, because a woman has to stick to her principles." ~ Mary Jo Putney #RWA13






Alexandra Haughton ‏@WriterAHaughton  
And 2000 women just fell in love (again) with Mary Jo Putney for her opinion on panty hose. #RWA13 #ritagh




 Aliza Mann ‏@AlizaMannAuthor  
#RWA13 has officially ended and I believe I'm going to cry about it! LOL



 Merry Farmer ‏@MerryFarmer20 
Biggest take-away from #RWA13: Write and keep writing. And when you feel your confidence fail, do what you need to do to recover it.



 Lorelie Brown ‏@LorelieBrown The table next to us didn't eat all their desserts. Is it rude if I snake a fruit tart on the way out? #RITAGH #rwa13



Seekerville hopes to see you next year for RWA 2014 in San Antonio, Texas.







We'd like to thank our staff  paparazzi and videographer for making these posts possible. You know who you are!




36 comments :

  1. Congratulations Seekers and Villagers. You done us proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. What a treat!

    Thanks for sharing all the fun. Congratulations to each and every finalist and winner.

    PAWSOME!!!

    (And photographers and Tina, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the irony of Nora Roberts comment "How can I write so many books? Because I'm not on Facebook and twitter." being posted with a twitter hashtag

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol! Me too, Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary Jo Putney might not wear pantyhose but I'm willing to bet she's got the bucks to make her legs look good without them...

    If you don't have the bucks...

    Really??????

    Do I need to say more? Spend $8 at JC Penney and take the shine off of pasty white legs!

    Darker skinned gals... or tanned gals... can get away with it and look good. So can young girls with long, skinny legs because they're not fighting cellulite and knee dimples.

    But no matter what Mary Jo says... I can't imagine paying for a pretty dress, cute shoes and not wearing panty hose if your legs are less than attractive.

    The whole thing makes me wrinkle my brow and I don't want to have to do botox on top of pantyhose!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. RUTHY LOVES NORA'S COMMENT!!!!!

    And I loved Mary Connealy's handkerchief skirted dress!!!!

    WOWZA!!!!!

    What a glorious night! Piper!!!!

    SEEING YOU ON THE BIG SCREEN!!! OH, IT GAVE ME CHILLS OF WHAT'S TO COME IN YOUR CAREER!!! REMEMBER ME WHEN YOU GET TO THE TOP, HONEY. PLEASE. WE LOVE YOU AND I SEE NOTHING BUT SUCCESS IN YOUR FUTURE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow -- what a fantastic conference review this weekend! And I won again!! Thank you Seekerville!!!!!! Loved all the pictures -- but wait, did anyone else noticed that Mary Curry managed to spend more time behind the camera than in front of it?! I loved hearing everyone's voice. Cat Mom has the cutest accent ever!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. CatMom is as sweet on real life as she is in Seekerville!! So are all our wonderful and amazing Villagers!!!!!

    Oh, wow-- I was so thrilled when Mary invited me to be her guest at the VIP table-- front row, right in front of the jumbotron

    ReplyDelete
  9. And my stupid smartphone just chooses any old time to end my comment and make me start again...

    Anyway, THANK YOU, MARY!!!!!!! I will love you forever!!

    (not that I wouldn't anyway, but a front-row seat at the RITAs sure was special)

    ReplyDelete
  10. ►►►►► What Fun WEs! ◄◄◄◄◄

    Love that full length dress! That’s star power! That’s classic: like a Greek Goddess. Can you imagine Athena wearing pantyhose? Simply gorgeous.

    And how about that ballroom? The ceiling looks like an otherworldly dreamscape. My compliments go to the hotel. Setting is so important and they did it so well.

    Enjoyed watching the results come in on Facebook. Congrats to all who went! Every picture looks like each person is happy, having a good time, and glad to be there. I could feel the fun. Loved the WEs. All those pictures put the viewer on location. My WIP has a RITA awards scene at the end – so this was my research: all done for me. Thanks.

    I haven’t been to San Antonio since Air Force basic training back when the Alamo was still smoking from canon fire. Maybe next year!

    Vince

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kav, ssssshhhhhh. No one was supposed to notice that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sitting in the Atlanta airport - alone for the first time in 5 days - and already this introvert is missing all her Seeker friends. Thank you for my best conference ever.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved meeting Catmom, rooming with Mary and being with Piper. Want Mary Coneally's rawhide bag!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ruth Logan Herne -- How do you REALLY feel about pantyhose?? I couldn't quite grasp your issues...

    LOLOLOLOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Piper, Missy, you looked GORGEOUS up on the big screen. I'm so glad the whole world got to see it : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI FROM THE ATLANTA AIRPORT!!!
    I almost dragged Mary Curry into one picture. She was our cub reporter with that iPad ready for action.

    That's the first pic of me on the jumbo tron. Nuthin' sweeter than my head exponentially enlarged!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mary, wow! That dress is beautiful. Looked great on stage and the jumbotron!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Such glittering smiles and gowns! Thank you ALL for sharing the excitement with us! Very special!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with the rest of us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an AMAZING experience - - WOW!!! My very first RWA Conference was WONDERFUL - - especially because of the SEEKERS and VILLAGERS!!! Mary Curry and Julie Hilton Steele, are you ladies SURE you don't want to move to Georgia?! We'd have such fun!! Thanks for "taking me under your wing" at the RITAs last night, LOL. Sandra, Debby, Myra, Missy, Janet, and Mary, YOUR workshop was the BEST start I could've had to this conference! You ladies are SOOO sweet and welcoming (not to mention amazing authors!). It was also great meeting Piper and Walt in person!~ I could go on and on but my cat Moses is sitting here meowing for attention (yes, he and the others missed their CatMom, LOL). Hugs, Patti Jo p.s MISSED those of you who couldn't attend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Seekerville for all of your support! We had a fun time and I was glad to meet Cat Mom finally!

    Ruthy, I was all fine about how everything happened and then I read your comment and got all blubbery and teary! Thank you for your lovely words of support. I will paste this above my desk for those "tough" days. It is not possible that I could ever forget Seekerville and all of the wonderful support. I love you all too!

    Piper

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for taking us all along to the conference via your pictures and videos. It's really been fun.

    Smiles & Blessings,
    Cindy W.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks to the roving reporters for the pictures and the videos.

    Loved the pink socks! Adorable!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Piper, you know this important for me to type it right now on my dumb smartphone, rather than wait a few hours to get home and type on a real computer... I've been telling Julie that your books/ series have BREAKOUT NOVEL all over them. I can't wait to see all the good things to come...

    ReplyDelete
  25. Isn't it fun to see people get ready to sail off the island. I can say I knew you all ....WHEN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I loved putting voices with faces on the videos.... that's so cool!!!!

    And I can't wait to meet all o' youse in person myself when MISSY TIPPENS isn't stealing the scene...

    Ridiculous, really. :)

    So glad to have youse coming back though, I've been LONELY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oops, that wasn't Beth J... and neither is this, clearly Beth signed into my computer....

    so it's really Ruthy...

    Who's so happy to have you all coming back!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow looking at all the photos brought back such fun memories even though my eyes are crossed right now.

    MARY CURRY- loved the videos.

    TINA you did a terrific job as usual. Great showing of the conference.

    Hope to do it again. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  29. AWESOME!!!!!!! You made me feel like I was there with you. And I'm not even a writer. CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners! And I guess that includes us all, cause I feel like I'm a winner because you are my friends

    ReplyDelete
  30. What fun!! I especially enjoyed those tweets. :) Wish I was quick enough on my phone to tweet during an event like that.

    Thanks, Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  31. It was such a great week. So fun to see everyone! I'm always so bummed when we have to say goodbye on Saturday night.

    Until next year...!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you for your words of support Virginia! They mean so very much! And I'm typing this on my smartphone as well!

    ReplyDelete