Monday, September 29, 2008

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blog


I don't feel like blogging today.

It’s autumn. It’s warm with a buffeting breeze. Good day for a walk in falling, rustling orange and yellow leaves.
The day calls for fresh air and sunlight. Or maybe a good book and a nap.
But definitely not blogging

So in light of being short on brain power, I've borrowed something that perfectly matches my mood that I found on some other lazy person's blog. She gave me permission to steal it. Why not? She stole it herself from someone who stole it from someone else.
That's not dishonest, that's A TEAM EFFORT.

Do you ever get those 'Out Of Office' replies to emails?
Well, they're annoying and boring aren't they? Someone somewhere has gone to the effort to make them a little more fun. Here's a list of auto replies that you might see in your email box some day.

1. I am currently out of the office at a job interview and will reply to you if I fail to get the position. Please be prepared for my mood.
2. You are receiving this automatic notification because I am out of the office. If I was in, chances are you wouldn't have received anything at all.
3. Sorry to have missed you, but I'm at the doctor's having my brain and heart removed so I can be promoted to our management team.
4. I will be unable to delete all the emails you send me until I return from vacation. Please be patient, and your mail will be deleted in the order it was received.
5. Thank you for your email. Your credit card has been charged $5.99 for the first 10 words and $1.99 for each additional word in your message.
6. The email server is unable to verify your server connection. Your message has not been delivered. Please restart your computer and try sending again.
7. Thank you for your message, which has been added to a queuing system. You are currently in 352nd place, and can expect to receive a reply in approximately 19 weeks.
8. Hi, I'm thinking about what you've just sent me. Please wait by your PC for my response.
9. I've run away to join a different circus.

http://www.maryconnealy.com/

24 comments :

  1. LOL! I have those days too when I don't feel like blogging or writing...here's what I do....

    Read, watch TV, nap (unless I'm at work).

    Funny post. :-)
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was great. The trees were raining leafs--leaves...arrgh..too early. Anyhow those leafy things were blowing all over yesterday. It was wonderful.

    What a great time of the year to play hookie. Saturday we went to Boulder and the Celestial Seasonings factory. It was great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, You are toooooooo funny. Can I use this on a day I don't feel like blogging????

    Fall? What is that? It is still breaking a hundred here in the Valley of the Sun. I know. No sympathy since I don't hardly stay here when its hot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Grin. Thanks, Mary, my brain appreciates the levity of your blog. Seriously doubt it could have handled anything deeper today.

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad I'm not the only one that has days where blogging is the last thing I want to do. Dang! I want to work on my novel instead. What is amazing to me is the writers, and one literary agent in particular, that blog every single day. I don't know where they find the mental energy! Or the time.

    Speaking of Fall. My favorite time of the year has arrived in Maryland. But its foggy and rainy here, Mary. The trees haven't started to turn much either. We got the bands from Hurricane Kyle over the weekend.

    I have an idea! Let's visit each others blogs and see who has blogged the most in the last month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blogging gets to be a chore sometimes. I can't wait until the day I get so famous I don't have to do it anymore! But I'll still come and make comments on Seekerville! It's much more fun than doing my own blog.

    I created my blog as a place to post my reviews of books. So why have I let it become something stressful? Um, not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOLOL!! I think three and five are my favorites. Would you mind horribly if I stole this yet again?

    Mary, I saw you up on stage at ACFW and never got a chance to introduce myself. Sorry I missed you at conference. :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!!! Thanks for the laugh, Mary. :)

    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary, you flippin', whinin' baby pants, that was TOO much fun.

    I think we can actually do better than that on some of those. Well. The SNARKY Seekers, anyway!

    Privately, of course!!!

    :)

    And I played hooky for a bit yesterday by attending the Appleumpkin Festival in Wyoming, New York, an upstate town known for it's antique gaslights that STILL light up the village streets.

    Amazing. Sweet. Fun. Great food. And we got drizzled on but didn't care.

    I brought some pumpkin pie to share and we still have Seekerville Birthday Cake from the Patisserie and the makings for ice cream sundaes, including Sandra's VAT of to die for hot fudge topping. I even brought my slow cooker along so we can water bath it and keep it warm...

    Ruthy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Mary. This was a fun and funny way to start out the Monday of a long week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Mary. This was a fun and funny way to start out the Monday of a long week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are a hoot. Perfect on this overcast, blustery day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't you wish we could actually do #5, charge per word for email received? Folks would stop clogging up other folks inboxes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such fun! Thanks for the chuckles, Mary!

    I took some time off this morning to have Reflexology done on my feet and hands. Felt fabulous, but I keep falling off of my shoes. :-)

    Ruthy, I stopped for real whip cream for the pumpkin pie. It's delicious.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  16. I vote for the last one ..."I've left to join a different circus."

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here in the South, the weather just begs you to be outside! The air has a touch of crispness to it, just beneath the warmth of the sunshine. There is a gentle breeze and the sky is the most amazing shade of blue! If I could write or blog outside, I'm afraid I'd be terribly distracted!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, there, oh, so slow jumping in. Well, JUMPING is too much trouble.

    I hate those out of office memos. Mainly because I don't have them!!!

    Happy fall everybody.

    And yes, to any and all who ask. Go for it. Steal this blog. Do NOT mention my name, in case it gets back to the original person from whom it was stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I think I want to join the different circus!
    Im In
    Canada enjoying seeing squirrels my they are so cute.
    You know the good thing about fall here (me is in Canada) is that I know its spring in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  20. AusJenny, you seem some much closer in Canada than in Australia. And yet, you seem far away still.

    Computers are weird aren't they? Connected and majorly disconnected at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your so right Mary, you know its funny being up at this time of the day when im normally about to go to bed!
    I still get confused about it wondering why the aussies are not active!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mary,

    This post is hilarious.

    The funny thing is I have the vacation responder on my e-mail as we speak. LOL!

    But I changed it up a bit before turning it on. It's not the typical "Out of Office Reply". Rather, it says, "Out of my mind reply".

    I won't say more but you'd be proud.

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the laughs, Mary! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOL!! What a great post! Thank you, Mary!

    ReplyDelete