Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy Birthday To Us!!



October marks the one year birthday of Seekerville!
And over 300 posts!


It is amazing that 15 "characters" from all walks of life came together on a little island on Yahoo and formed a sisterhood based on our unity of faith and our desire to be published in novel length fiction. Still more amazing...we haven't killed each other yet!


Since our beginning in 2005, eight of us are now published in novel length romantic fiction and have left the island for the mainland. The remaining seven Seekers are more determined than ever to reach our publishing goals!
Who are we? The Seekers are a diverse group of writers whose ages span three decades and whose path to Seekerville includes numerous and varied careers. We hail from Colorado, California, Missouri, New York, Arizona, Florida, Nebraska, Georgia, Oklahoma, Alabama, and Indiana.

Our blog was begun as a way to reach out to others and share the information about this journey that fifteen writers have learned along the way. We focus on contests as we are all contest divas with a collective background in judging, coordinating and even creating romance writing contests; however we don't hesitate to blog about other facets of the writing business.

We are very appreciative of those who stop by to comment, guest blog, or simply to share a cup of coffee and a virtual snack. We also love your sense of humor. Thank you for being a friend of Seekerville.

To celebrate our birthday, we will be giving away a weekly birthday present through the month of October. All you have to do is what you always do---stop by, say hi, laugh and share your insights and thoughts. Random names will be drawn and announced, but because it is a birthday present, of course what is inside is a surprise.




Once again. Thanks very much for being a friend of Seekerville. We look forward to another year with you!


Sincerely,

Tina, Camy, Ruth, Mary, Debby, Missy, Glynna, Pam, Myra,
Julie, Cara, Audra, Janet, Cheryl and Sandra




29 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday! And thanks for everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Eat a piece of cake for me, too. Cyber-chocolate has no calories! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you all need ice cream sundaes with your cake. Everyone bring their own favorite topping, too :-)

    I really enjoy this website.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We need some Karaoke.

    You say it's your birthday
    It's my birthday too, yeah
    They say it's your birthday
    We're gonna have a good time
    I'm glad it's your birthday
    Happy birthday to you.

    Yes we're going to a party party
    Yes we're going to a party party
    Yes we're going to a party party

    I would like you to dance (Birthday)
    Take a cha-cha-cha-chance (Birthday)
    I would like you to dance (Birthday)
    Dance

    I would like you to dance (Birthday)
    Take a cha-cha-cha-chance (Birthday)
    I would like you to dance (Birthday)
    Dance

    You say it's your birthday
    Well it's my birthday too, yeah
    You say it's your birthday
    We're gonna have a good time
    I'm glad it's your birthday
    Happy birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing all of you Seekers a wonderful birthday celebration for your great site. I love stopping by.

    It was an honor to have been one of your guests during your debut year. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday, Im in Canada for my friends wedding and missing all my blogs. Im glad i could get online today to wish you a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, ladies! Thanks for providing so much information and laughs in such a friendly and congenial environment (not to mention there's always food)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy birthday! even though i'm not a writer, it's interesting to see the journey that writers go through and i've learned a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, guys! Hey, grab a party hat and a noise maker...

    Mare, you don't need a noise maker, honey. Trust me on that, LOL!!!

    :)

    We're grateful that you guys stop in, drop by, eat, drink, sip, whatever.

    This writing game can be a lonely road and it sure is nice to know there's company out there, kindred spirits who share the ups and downs.

    Loving the sundaes!!! Yum, and I brought caramel topping to share. And real whipped cream.

    Kisses to all my birthday buds,

    Ruthy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday Seekerville!

    Glad I found you!
    PamT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Birthday and many more! Long may you write.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooooo I love a party. I rushed into Scottsdale where the famous Sugar Bowl serves homemade hot fudge that is to die for. I'm bringing a bucket so everyone can spoon some on Ruthy's sundae's. And folks, these DO have calories.

    Seriously-thanks to all of you for joining us. Thanks to all our guest bloggers. And best wishes to all of you on the road to publication.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday, Seekers! Your blog is a bright spot in my day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, has Seekerville been "live" for a full year now? Seems like only yesterday. I love my Seeker Sisters so much, I can hardly stand to go a day without our lively e-mail and blog banter. You gals are the absolute greatest!

    And we now have so many honorary Seekervillites--welcome to the fold! It's such fun getting to know you in this little corner of cyberspace.

    I just popped the cork on some Dom Perignon. Grab a glass and join me in a toast to Seekerville!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your birthday! I'm a new reader thanks to Jessica over at BookingIt.

    Blessings,
    Susan :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. What fun to have a celebration!!!!!! Thanks for being a part of our fun everyday!


    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for letting us help celebrate your first b-day!

    Let's see, one blog year equals how many human years? Thirty? :)

    Regardless of age, you ladies rock!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Birthday. Thanks for inviting me to the party.
    Jean K

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Birthday Seekers!! I was thrilled to meet a few of you IN PERSON at the ACFW conference recently! ~ Thanks for having such an informative (and entertaining-LOL!) blog.
    Hugs from Georgia,
    Patti Jo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations to all of you for a wonderful blog - full of great information and lots of fun, too!

    Thanks for having me as a guest blogger when the Golden Heart finalists were announced. It was my first time doing anything with a blog, so I learned a lot.

    Keep up the good work! It is appreciated by many.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  21. Readers, thank you. Our blog wouldn't matter without you and your faithful readership.

    And I love the ice cream header!

    I feel privileged to be among my other Seeker sisters. And I can't wait until every last one of this is rescued from Unpubbed Island.

    Hugs
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy birthday!!! Congrats on over 300 posts.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Birthday Seekerville! I'm glad I found your website!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday!!! Your blog is fun and informative. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Birthday, ladies! I enjoy visiting your blog and reading your books!
    mittens0831 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy birthday. and thanks for al the good writing tiops.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy birthday to you
    Happy Birthday to you
    Happy Birthday, Dear Seekers
    Happy Birthday to YOU
    digicat{AT}sbcglobal{DOT}net

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so fun! I enjoy visiting here often. My mom is Myra! Happy Birthday to the Seekers!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Birthday!!!
    and a big thank you for all the great information & great effort in doing so!

    ReplyDelete